Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Thanks With A French Twist!

Click picture for more of an eyeful. 




This is a very last minute entry into this week's The Play Date Cafe Color Challenge showcasing Mint, Ivory, and Coral.  Staying true to my more vintage leanings, I took a rather "aged" approach to the colors.   I also reveled in the opportunity to work with another of my many secreted away crafting goodies that hadn't had an airing for donkey's years:  Spellbinders Labels Eight Nestabilities Die.  Talk about a fab shape.  It really was nice to be reacquainted with this lovely set of dies.  You have no idea how wonderful it has been to fossick through my much loved, thoroughly burgeoning stash....such cool stuff! Lucky me.  

And for your lovely visit to my blog...Merci.  Here's to a beautiful day! xx

Supplies:


  • Stamps:  Hero Arts Diagonal Dictionary Woodblock, Papertrey Ink Think Big "Merci", and Impression Obsession Cover-A-Card Rubber in Retro Florals. 
  • Accessories:  Spellbinders Labels Eight Nesties, Tim Holtz Tattered Florals Alterations Die, My Favorite Things Rolled Rose die, Keisercraft Pearl, Size #3 Shipping Tag, WRMK Corner Chomper in Scallop, Acrylic Paint in Coral, Antique White, Copper, and Ivory, and Rustic Jute Twine.    
C'est tout! 


21 comments:

euna said...

Beautiful card Jen! Awesome job with the layered flowers and colours are great!

carol (krillsister) said...

Stunning card. hat mint color is so fab. I love your flower and how you combined different colors & textures.

Lisa Elton said...

This is wonderful Jen! What a great layered flower!

Jen Carter said...

Wow, that flower is so pretty! Love all the elements to it! Very pretty card!

Kim O'Connell said...

Ummmm, this might be my all time favorite card that I've seen her eon your blog. I want it. Please send it to me. :) I wish I had a flare for the vintage look. I admire your style so much, but couldn't duplicate it to save my life!

Cathy Weber said...

This is gorgeous Jen. I love the aged look to it. That beautiful paper and I also love that Spellbinder die set. I love that beautiful flower you made. That IO CAC adds a really nice texture to the panel. Your last minute project turned out wonderful.

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHH! This is super beautiful! LOVE that beautiful flower and I love the vintage look--but I love the bold teal color!!!! THANKS so much for playing along and joining in the fun over at the PDCC:)

Katrin said...

Красивая открытка получилась! Цветочек такой интересный!!!

Amy Kolling said...

Oh I just love how this has a vintage flair to it! That flower is just amazing and I like that little bit of twine snaking out on the side!! So pretty Jen!

Elena said...

gorgeous card! Love the layered flower and the pop of mint coming in from underneath it on that die-cut! The french "merci" gives the whole card a more romantic feel :)

Gisèle said...

This can only be for me !!! LOL....love it, adore your layered flower, especially the bottom layer..
Cheers!!!

Mad for Paper said...

Wow, Jen. Gorgeous card and your flower is stunning. love it!
TFS
Ang

Lorraine said...

Just beautiful, Jen! Love the flower you created - the design and dimension. Stunning.

Tracy Ercole said...

Love this :)

Jen Cuthbertson said...

This is gorgeous, Jen! I love the colors you chose and that layered flower is amazing!!

Anne B said...

Bewdiful! Love that aged look and the way you combined all those different dies to make a mega bloom :)

Inkyfingers said...

ooh this is so yummy. I love the soft colours and that flower is beautiful.
Hugs
Carol x

Karen C. said...

Beautiful layering of your focal image, Jen. It has such a soft, rich and earthy tones.

Rose said...

Can you wave your distressy vintage wand over my way please ?? Thanks ! I love that flower..so gorgeous.
What kind of envelopes must you be purshasing dear to ensure your lovely creations make it safely...or perhaps this caliber of art needs to be hand delivered to ensure its safety !
I guess I'm saying....please come to Canada and bring me a pretty card ! LOL

Marybeth said...

Jen you got the colors perfect. Your card is so pretty , love the vintage look to this one! Thanks for your nice comments on my blog.

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Oh this is adorable. Love the designs within the flower.