Thursday, December 1, 2011

A Welcomed Reminder.



I am not going to lie, as much as I have been enjoying crafting for the hoilday season, I am starting to get a bit overwhelmed with the seeminlgly unending perparations in advance of Christmas.  I can generally stave off the hardcore angst of the holidays but everything seems to go pearshaped once December 1st actually gets here.  And true to form it's the 1st today and I can feel it in my waters that things are about to head south.  Eek! Deep breath, deep breath.  In a feeble attempt to hold it together a bit longer, I went for a stroll down Memory Lane and found this card I made earlier in the year.  Its sentiments seemed apt and was a welcomed and ever so timely reminder to not let my racing mind and its tendency to stress get too far ahead of me.  Today is today and not tomorrow, right?  No need to put the cart before the horse just yet.  So, I am off to smell the roses a bit today while quietly chanting "keep it together, keep it together" to myself.  Crazy days! Oh darn it!  There I go again!  Keep it together, keep it together...Sniff, sniff, sniff, sniff........SNIFF!




*wink*

9 comments:

Joyce said...

Hang in there! Love your card. Remember, you have a team of cheerleaders in the blogosphere (did I just invent a word?)

Kay D said...

You said it yourself, "Deep breath".
:) I love your card, those cool, funky images make me smile.
Keep your chin up, sweet lady, this too shall pass. I wish there was a hug symbol on the keyboard. ; )

carol (krillsister) said...

It does seem that there is always a never ending list of things to do before Christmas. Just remember you are not alone. the important things will get done, the not so important will be by passed. Just remember to "enjoy the ride" as you smell the roses taking those deep breaths. Great card.

Leigh Penner said...

I totally hear what you're saying, Jen! You will keep it together and everything will be fine-- I promise!
Great card-- you are so creative and talented and you also have such a way with words!

Terri said...

Great card. Love the theme and all the different elements. Sorry to hear you are stressed. Just try to stay in the moment and enjoy the season. It will all get done eventually. :)

Deb said...

Sending you big hugs! I hear you about December 1st. Deep breath.... it all gets done.

Clare said...

Love your card. Thanks for the reminder! Great blog post!

Marybeth said...

Totally know what you mean, …. Im taking a deep breath. You card is so cute and different I love it! Enjoy your weekend!

Mayol said...

Great card! Love the hues, too, reminds me to stay grounded and focused. Hang in there, Jen!