Monday, May 28, 2012

Sew Stylish!




I am not one for an intentional pun in papercraft for the most part, but this one is kind of sweet.  I have a soft spot for sewing themed stamping goodness though, that's for sure.  (Which is kind of funny considering that I have never sewn on a single card in all of my crafty life.)  So the sentiment used was the obvious choice for when one is letting their punny guard down on this heralded haberdashery inspired occasion.  This card was crafted with tons of sewing themed goodies from across Tim Holtz, Hero Arts, Waltzingmouse Stamps and Papertrey Ink product lines.  The color choices were born from the most current The Play Date Cafe challenge.  Lucky for you, I am going to keep this post brief as I have only a few precious hours to craft today, so I better get a wriggle on.  I am making my own chalkboards...well that's the plan anyways.

Keep well.  I shall look forward to seeing you anon. Hugs.

13 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

I just love this awesome card!!!

cards by cara said...

Love all the layers and colour - absolutely gorgeous! :) And thanks for the sweet comment on my blog. <3

Karen C. said...

Jen, I love the way you've used all the sewing goodies on your card. The colour scheme really makes everything 'pop'!! I still haven't used my dress form die yet ... but this has me thinking of a few possibilities. Thanks for the inspiration!!

Dayna Sabrina said...

This is a great card, and the colors of course match the holiday going on in the states right now. Fabulous card Jen. Good luck on those chalkboards!

Unknown said...

Ah, sew beautiful! This is one of my favorite cards of late!!! You did an amazing job, Jen - even with no sewing. ;) Good luck on yr new project & do share!

Marybeth said...

Well, you sure found a lot of sewing items to use on your card. Beautiful details all over your card Jen. On this Memorial Day I love seeing your beautiful red white and blue card . Have a great day!

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

This is a very stylish card indeed. Blessings!

Tina Connolly said...

Fab card, I love the sewing theme and the paper you've used reminds me of fabric.

Joyce said...

What a beautiful card. Only you could have taken these bright colors, and turned them into something so lovely and vintage. Super great job.

Clare said...

Oooh fabulous design, loving all the texure and such a gorgeous color combo! That embossing really pops!

Jinny Newlin said...

Such a great theme, Jen, and I adore how you've packed it to the brim with such fabulous textures! Yum! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

Winnie said...

Such a great card! Love the colors and the texture with the embossing. fun use of pearls for the necklace too..I am a NYC gal and see you were born here..Cool. Popped over from SCS..your work is lovely..don't doubt it!

Anne B said...

Stylish indeed! Love your take on the sassy colours and the way you've worked all the elements from different companies together. Keep them coming :)