This is a card I made as per week 2 of the Summer Card Class colors. This color combination was moderately more comfortable than last week's first up combo, for sure. I think what is getting me is that there are so many colors to be combined. I generally craft with three main colors in mind, sometimes even less, but 5 colors was like Whoa Nelly! If this challenge were being held back in the days of Communist Russia, I'd have one color to choose from and one color only. No belly aching about too much choice then huh?
So I whipped up this baby from my beloved Waltzingmouse Stamps Rescue Remedies set. What I adore about this set in particular is that one stamp per card is generally all that I find is ever needed. I must say, I do love a stand alone stamp. So handy. Now if they had this back in the days of Communist Russia as my only choice, I'd be sweet.
The cardstock papers used are some remnents of some textured Bazzill cardstock, some yummy Aqua Mist from Papertrey ink and a sheet from Basic Grey's Nook and Pantry DP. The lily flower embellishment is very sweet, fragile, but sweet. It is made from clay and chips easily. I know this from being only able to salvage one still intact for this card from a bunch that was called to duty by my youngest daughter who thought the bouquet of flowers would be wonderful to decorate her doll house with. Love her creative vision, but... She must have hired some really rough and ready interior decorators is all I can say. Mind you, I think Barbie got married with them a few times and Dora The Explorer had to rescue them from Swiper (who is obviously still swiping!) a few times more as well. These poor flowers have, indeed, seen some action. Bless. I also managed to use some of my new favorite ribbon that I currently have a crush on at the moment. You've got to love two-toned satin saddle stitch. Again yum. Ooh, and I added a wee pearl for good measure. Easy peasy!
Thanks so much for stopping by. Have a marvelous day!