Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Celebrate Today And Every Day.



Still gently working towards gaining some semblance of crafting mojo.  Not really winning, but kind of enjoying the process.  This is an attempt at a one layered card.  I did have fun quietly building the landscape with some subtle background stamping first done with a favorite Hero Arts Woodblock stamp called Old Letter Writing.  I lightly tissued off sections of the distress inked rubber stamp which led to the rather worn and faded background text layer.  After that, I built up my garden scene with stamps from across a few Papertrey Ink sets using a selection of Memento inks. At the time of writing this, I was having a massive brain fade and cannot recall the exact names of the sets used, and more to the fact, I felt too lazy to go and look.  Forgive me.  I am sure though, that being the doyens of craft that you all are, you'll recognise the exact set employed, straight away.  The bird and its little wafty trail are from Papertrey Ink's Happy Trails set I recall. The uneven scalloped card bottom was made by using one of Tim Holtz's On The Edge Alterations Dies called, just simply, Scallops.  As per my custom, I stained the edges of the card, stuck on several Copic colored rhinestones and...Tada! That's my one layer card done.

Thanks so much for stopping by.  Here's to a day full of dazzling sunshine and flowers for us all!

14 comments:

carol (krillsister) said...

Gorgeous card. Love the way you laid out the flowers. those rhinestones are perfect.
Love the subtle background. i think you have found your mojo.

Emma said...

Stunning card Jen, your stamping is perfect!

tonyamaries said...

It's beautiful!

Marybeth said...

The best part is that you had fun making your card. It's beautiful with the stamped flowers! Very pretty edge too . Take care.

Leigh Penner said...

This is gorgeous, Jen! Superb one layer card!

Cathy Weber said...

At first I was thinking this looks a little different than your usual cards, finally clicked with me as I read all the way to the bottom that it was one layer! Very neat, the flowers are stamped in such a perfect combination and love the little extra touch of the rhinestones. The tea dye really adds to the design. You never lost your mojo...at all!

Geri said...

I really like this, Jen!! So very pretty!

Karen C. said...

Love all of the layering of the stamped images, Jen. Even though your card is one layer, it really has so much dimension - just gorgeous!!

Camilla said...

Its so sweet This creation.. The flowers Seem lively..IF the Word lively exist in English :-)

Terri said...

Great one layer card! I especially like the scalloped trim on the bottom.

Joyce said...

Oh, Jen. Leave it to you to create a one layer wonder. Just so beautiful and elegant. And, with as many details as always, just without the dimension--brilliant (and mailable, too!)

Teresa Kline said...

wow, this is gorgeous...a perfect one layer card...hope you have a wonderful weekend!

enjoy *~*

Michelle said...

Do jewels count on one-layered? Maybe I'm too literal :p But with your shabby girly style I can imagine one-layer was a challenge. But so much ink work, my land. This is a beauty of a card, my dear. So my detail. I've got the posting lazies too. And blog-surfing lazies as well. Ah well, we do what we feel when we feel it. It's all good ;)

Anne B said...

Superb one layer card, Jen. Love all the layering and is that the bluebird of happiness? Sure looks like it :)