Monday, April 15, 2013

With Heartfelt Sympathy.



I made this card with the mother of dear family friends who was thought would, most certainly, not make it through the night.  While saddened by this news and after having offered any and all assistance to our beloved friends, I just felt the need to craft.  While I am certain that I won't have to explain the therapeutic effects of this to you crafty lot, so I disappeared for a while into my own little comforting crafty bubble and worked gently on this card.

Come sunrise, although bracing for bad news, we made the call to see if the cherished mother of our family friends had made it through the night and indeed she had.  YAY!  We were so thrilled for the news.  Not only had this 90 year old miracle of a woman survived, but was much improved!  It is now 3 weeks on and she has gone from strength to strength.  All I can say is that I have never been so happy to have made a sympathy card and not needed it. Now that is something, you don't say often.  Nice.

Thank you ever so much for allowing me to share with you.  The pleasure is truly mine.  Keep well. x

7 comments:

Joyce said...

Hey, Jen. Wonderful news about your friend's mom. A sympathy card, even one as beautiful as yours, is always one you don't want to have to send.

Dayna Sabrina said...

What an inspirational story Jen. I am glad that she is doing well, and this card is gorgeous. I'm glad you were able to get some "therapy"while making it!

Geri said...

Well, AMEN!!! And a gorgeous card came of your therapy time!!!;) Really pretty, Jen!!! And so glad for the happy news for EVERYONE!!!

Cathy Weber said...

What a touching story...so glad you got great news about your friend...I kind of dread looking at Sympathy card posts, but yours had a great ending to it!

Leigh Penner said...

I'm glad you didn't need this card, Jen! It is gorgeous though! What die did you use for the sentiment-- it's fabulous and goes with the Cutting Garden set so perfectly!

Karen C. said...

A lovely card, Jen. this is one that you can tuck away for another time. So glad to hear your friend`s mother is doing better.

Kathy Mc said...

Such a beautiful card intended for a special woman. Thank goodness you didn't have to use it in this case. In light of this past week in MA and TX, others weren't so lucky to have their loved ones survive. So. very. sad. and. senseless!