Friday, July 8, 2011

Hand Baked Happiness!

This is a card I made as per week 2 of the Summer Card Class colors.  This color combination was moderately more comfortable than last week's first up combo, for sure.   I think what is getting me is that there are so many colors to be combined.  I generally craft with three main colors in mind, sometimes even less, but 5 colors was like Whoa Nelly!    If this challenge were being held back in the days of Communist Russia, I'd have one color to choose from and one color only.  No belly aching about too much choice then huh? 

So I whipped up this baby from my beloved Waltzingmouse Stamps Rescue Remedies set.  What I adore about this set in particular is that one stamp per card is generally all that I find is ever needed.  I must say, I do love a stand alone stamp. So handy.  Now if they had this back in the days of Communist Russia as my only choice, I'd be sweet.  

The cardstock papers used are some remnents of some textured Bazzill cardstock, some yummy Aqua Mist from Papertrey ink and a sheet from Basic Grey's Nook and Pantry DP.  The lily flower embellishment is very sweet, fragile, but sweet.  It is made from clay and chips easily.  I know this from being only able to salvage one still intact for this card from a bunch that was called to duty by my youngest daughter who thought the bouquet of flowers would be wonderful to decorate her doll house with.  Love her creative vision, but...  She must have hired some really rough and ready interior decorators is all I can say.  Mind you, I think Barbie got married with them a few times and Dora The Explorer had to rescue them from Swiper (who is obviously still swiping!) a few times more as well. These poor flowers have, indeed, seen some action.  Bless.  I also managed to use some of my new favorite ribbon that I currently have a crush on at the moment.  You've got to love two-toned satin saddle stitch.  Again yum.  Ooh, and I added a wee pearl for good measure.  Easy peasy!

Thanks so much for stopping by.  Have a marvelous day!

14 comments:

Cathy Weber said...

I adore your combination of colors here Jen. I almost always only use 3 colors too! You cracked me up with all the Russian jokes too. The saddle stitch ribbon is so pretty and I love the edger use on the card. WM has such interesting stamps, I see why you only need one for the focal point.

Gayatri said...

Gorgeous card, Jen! Loving the card corners and the focal point on the card. I have been eyeing that stamp for a while. Have to make an order with WMS soon :) That ribbon is very pretty :) Great work as always, Jen!

Keva said...

This. Is. Gorgeous. I love that paper especially and the ribbon is really pretty. Sorry about your flowers. My daughter is 12 now and could care less about anything in the craft room, but I remember when she would kidnap all of the eyelets from my space! So cute!

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Jen! Love that pretty patterned paper paired with the elegant WM label! Hope you have a great weekend!

Kristin said...

this is awesome!! I love your use of patterned paper with the label vertical. great job!

Karen C. said...

Love the way you've used this colour challenge, Jen. The patterned papers make such a great background for your sentiment stamp, too. Love the little wrinkly ribbon and the lily embellishment. So Sweet.

Monica K. said...

Lovely card, Jen! I like the unique color combo you used! I have that stamp set too and love it. Isn't WMS great? I'm signed up for the card class too but haven't made any cards for it yet. I need to get on that!

Lorraine said...

This is gorgeous, Jen! You mastered the color combo in your own style. Beautiful!

Maria said...

Gorgeous card! Love the paper, ribbon, and label! All make for a truly lovely card...take care!:-))

Michelle said...

I don't do challenges....because I feel that they are stifling of my creativity...but this is the second blog I have been to this evening where they are talking about too many colors to use in this Card Camp thingy. That's what I'm talking about! Thanks for validating me - heh. You know, I almost bought that Waltzingmouse set...but didn't see me using it. Didn't know what I'd use it for. But I love the big sentiment with the perfect cut shapes to go with. This card is a beauty all around!

Stephanie said...

Jen........Even though you are having your "Whoa Nelly" moments (too cute, btw), you are producing gorgeous cards! Love this one with its lovely patterned papers and ribbon.

Jen Carter said...

This is gorgeous!! You did a fantastic job! I love how you used the colors in the card!

cards by cara said...

This is gorgeous!! I agree - it is a lot of colours to combine! You did a great job. I just uploaded my week 2 submission ... just under the gun of Sunday's deadline ... :)

Rose said...

I hear you sista !! BUT you did rock it....I've been waiting to see your take on the colours (i'll give you a buy on the first week !LOL) and you didn't dissapoint. And I love your commentary !! methinks Swiper perhaps needs some therapy.....