Sunday, July 24, 2011

Love At First Sight.



Ever see a stamp for the first time and are instantly smitten?  Well, I was head over heels for this shell Stampington & Company woodblock stamp.  I first saw it in a magazine and just HAD to have it.  So, I marched in to my favorite local purveyor of fine stamps and asked (read: begged) them to "pretty please, with a cherry on top" order it for me.  It actually took quite a few weeks but I eventually ended up with this beauty in my hot little hands.  Ahhhhh.  Needless to say, I joyously whipped up this card featuring my favorite stamp du jour.  I have no idea what it says as my once "sketchy at best" high school french has left me long ago, but I remain enamored by this stamp's vintage charm. Fingers crossed it doesn't say anything  (too) rude.  

When making this card, I felt that this stamp was really all that was needed. It's a bit like a fabulously ripe, juicy mango:  when all that's needed is the mango in all its glory...nothing else required just the perfect mango and your laughing gear.  Bliss.

I have included this card, utilizing my latest stamp crush, in this week's The Shabby Tea Room challenge showcasing charms.  I have had that starfish charm for the longest, just kicking around my brad/charm box for ages just waiting to be called to duty for the perfect mission, and this was it. I felt the bail of the charm was a bit heavy, so I removed it and simply glued the charm to the tag. The background stamp is an Impression Obsession Cover-A-Card in houndstooth. I must say, I am rather besotted with Impression Obsession Cover-A-Cards too and delight in any occassion to be able to use them.  The wee "Merci" tag is a classic Papertrey Ink stamp from the Mixed Messages set.  C'est Tout! 


Thank you so much for popping by.  I hope you'll swing by again soon.  Au revoir.

7 comments:

Sue Ann said...

Beautiful Jen! The colors are perfect and I love the edging on the top layer and the beautiful corners on the card. You are right the stamp is so beautiful and will also be nice when you want to use it as a back ground stamp and a bit peeking through ........ I love stamps like this!!!!

Kara said...

really gorgoeus!! looks like a fabulous vintage note!!

Mad for Paper said...

That is a great stamp. Your card reminds me of an old stack of love letters all bundled together.
TFS
Ang

Cathy Weber said...

Don't know what all that french means, am taking your word for it that it is not something "risque", but love your card. The starfish little charm is adorable and I love the twine wrapped all around it. So pretty and vintage.

AuroraDawn said...

Simply gorgeous!

Trees said...

GORGEOUS card Jen! I haven't been visiting as much as i'd like to lately, so I have some catching up to do! I love the beachy look of this one though! AND Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Shabby Tea Room!

JJ Bolton said...

Your card is beautiful! The pinking edge and twine tie are the perfect touches! (BTW, I just spent 15 minutes on that Stampington & Co. site, wow!)