Sunday, November 25, 2012

Papertrey Ink Blog Hop November 2012

I am just going to cut straight to the chase and let you know that the theme of this month's blog hop might as well have been from Mars as I certainly found it to be a bit off the planet and pushed me out of my comfort zone.  The theme was to make a card or project inspired by book covers/sleeves.  You're probably best to check out the link directly as I am sure my understanding of it is, more than likely, clear as mud.  But I was intrigued.  So, after a bit of head scratching, the image that came screaming to mind was the ribbon stickers that are often seen adhered to book covers to state that a book is a prize winner of some description or a finalist in some book list or awards category.  Fingers crossed you have some idea what I am rabbiting on about or I really must sound/read like a crafty loon.  Ah well, it wouldn't be the first time and more than likely not the last.  LOL  I was also in need of a birthday card for a gorgeous man in my life that we all reckon is a bit of a prize favourite to say the least, so I set out on the challenge.  Luckily, it didn't end up being as painful as I had imagined.  *wink*

So, without further ado, may I please present to you my (rather obscure) entry for this month's PTI Blog Hop:




Many thanks for hopping by.  It's always such a treat when you do.   :-)

*All supplies used in making the card are Papertrey Ink's except for the papers.  

15 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

I get what you are saying and I totally get your card. Fabulous Jen, a great interpretation!

victoria h said...

Gr8 card- I always look at the prizes a book has won as the best ones often win them!

Kelly S. said...

Like a Caldecott Medal! I totally get it and it's a fab idea for a manly card, Jen! The paper in the background is awesome and goes so well with the shining medal. Which everyone deserves by the young age of 63! Love the "corduroy" numbers, too. So awesome!

carol (krillsister) said...

Wow! Love this masculine card. I love the dark woodgrain effect behind those numbers!The crimping of them are fantastic; nice texture.
Great sentiment too!
Love your interrpretation of the challenge. I found this one diffciutl too.

Sanketi said...

Now, that's a nice take on cover art!!!!

Joyce said...

Super card, for an award winning guy. I totally get what you are saying, as sometimes I cruise through the bookstore in search of award winning books.

Luanne said...

Like a Newberry Award! I get it, and your card is an award winner too! Love your birthday badge! ;)

Anonymous said...

Great card. Love the layout.

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

This is fun... did you see that A Passion for Papertrey is having a number challenge... perfect card.

Jacquie Southas said...

I love your take on the challenge!!! Great (award winning) card!!!

Nancy Guse said...

Great card, love the colors and texture on the numbers!

Karen C. said...

Bright and bold card, Jen. the background colours and design really make the sentiment panel and numbers 'pop'!

Darnell said...

Fun idea for a birthday card, Jen,showing the award-winning age of the birthday person!

Leigh Penner said...

I love your take on the challenge, Jen!

Deb said...

Love what you did with the challenge, Jen. Since my 5 year old loves reading, I am always looking for the Caldecott winners, etc. for me to read to her. This card is perfect!