Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Happy Anniversary!




I am still trying to get into my Holiday card making groove, but best laid plans...  I had to briefly switch crafting caps because I needed an Anniversary card and I needed it quick.  So, I whipped this little number up using this fortnight's CR84FN Color Challenge colors showcasing Brown, Tan, and Green.  Not a combo I use often as it can look a tad swampy in my hands, but it was a nice refreshing change in the end (and hopefully not too swampy looking).  Only Waltzingmouse Stamps were harmed in the making of this card.  The sets used were the Dainty Doilies - Large and Say It With Style.  Love 'em! 

I also delighted in cracking open my new (to me that is) Spellbinders Shapabilities Ironwork Motif die along with the Large Scallops Circle Nestabilities die (which so happens to perfectly frame the largest WMS Dainty Doily image).  The nifty embossed script on the background Basic Grey DP is called Gauchi Script by Provocraft.  It's another fun way to tjuz up a card in a flash, I reckon.

So pleased this card is crafted and posted.  Off now to continue making my way down my seemingly bottomless "To Do" list.  I bet you've got one of "those" too. *wink*

Enjoy the day!  

24 comments:

Kara said...

gorgeous..so elegant!!

From the Corner... said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I love the monochromatic scheme...and the elegance of the embossing

Joyce said...

I agree with the others. This is so very elegant. I really like how you have the sentiment at an angle. Why have I never thought of that?

Cathy Weber said...

How exciting for me that you used that ironworks diecut, I just ordered that set and now I know a great way to use it! It looks so beautiful in front of the large doily, I don't think the colors are "swampy" at all, although that did make me laugh. Great job and very pretty anniversary card.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, love the embossing!

Gayatri said...

Wow! I love all the textures on this card, Jen! I love the doily and how beautifully it fits inside the large scallope circle. All the layering is superb! Brilliant work as always from you Jen!

carol (krillsister) said...

Stunning card as usual. I love the doily, the background embossing and the colors.

Karin Åkesdotter said...

Oh Jen - this is so BEAUTIFUL!! LOVE all the texture and wonderful colors. Great design!

Elena said...

I love your card! (and I don't find it "swampy" at all, lol!) Great design, and so very elegant.

Mayol said...

Gorgeous is the word! Followed by stunning! Love all the beautiful textures and colors!

Mayol said...

Gorgeous is the word! Followed by stunning! Love all the beautiful textures and colors!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Such an elegant card! Love the embossing!

Anne B said...

Swampy? I don't think so! Gorgeous card, as per usual. Stunning layers and textures. Have fun with that to do list :)

Mona Pendleton said...

WOW Jen! What a stunning card! That WM doily looks incredible and love the embossed background! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

Terri said...

Very nice, Love all the different textures and your use of the colors. My to do list is pretty long right now too. If only there was more time in the day.

Chloe said...

Wow Jen what a beautiful card and I would never have picked those colours for an Anniversary card. But you've really pulled it off, not even the tiny bit swampy lol!!

sistochris said...

Lovely details! Great textures and colors! Beautiful card!

MiamiKel said...

Oh my this is ever stunning! Love the softness to it and so much detail - beautiful!!

Kelly S. said...

I came to say thanks for the comment on my card, Jen! I had tried to leave a comment on yours the other day, and it done gone and disappeared! YOU were one of the reasons I played along! I saw your lovely doily looking all wreathy and was inspired! LOVE the embossing, and the beautiful layered die cuts! Thanks for always making me smile :)...with your sweet comments and gorgeous designs!

Unknown said...

Beautiful, Jen! Love the wonderful textures! Thanks for joining us at CR84FN!

Gabi MeWi said...

Just adorable!

Deborah Frings said...

Absolutely gorgeous!! I love the embossed backing with pretty doily and spellbinder die (love it). Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN!

Sue Lelli said...

Jen, there is nothing swampy about this card! LOL! LOVE how the green is so subtle and LOVE that big doily and brown bow! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

Lisa Elton said...

Very elegant Jen...love that gorgeous doily and all of the pretty layers!