Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Just A Note Card.



Not much crafting time was had over the last two weeks of the precious papery kind.  I had a huge festival showcasing and selling my handmade gemstone bracelets.  Needless to say, I was busy, busy, busy in the lead up to the festival solely beading my little heart out.  The four day festival is now over until the next one in May 2012, so I can now get back to my regular scheduled and oh so beloved papercrafting.  Ahhhh.  

I made this card last month.  Not sure what inspired it, but I do recall having fun using stamps from an Australian company called Darkroom Door.  All of the correspondance-like images on the green background are from them.  Darkroom Door is certainly a company worth looking into if you are after quality red rubber, more photo-realistic  type images.  The floral image edging the green card base is from Unity's Itty Bitty line (also red rubber) presenting the delightful Unity and Webster's collaboration and it's called Beauty.

I also must confess that I adore that whopper of a label from Waltzingmouse Stamps.  Well, anything from Waltzingmouse Stamps will usually send me and that's no great secret, but this one in particular is pretty special in my estimation.  It's from a wonderful set called Vintage Labels 18, which coordinates with the Spelbinders label of the same name. Divine.

The remainder of the card was put together with various other nifty bits and bobs from my papercrafting collection.  But the last of the nifty bits that bares mentioning is, just how cool wired ribbon is.  Love the stuff.  I know it may be a bit shiny for some, but if you pick your colors right, you will absolutely adore how easy it is to get a half decent bow when using this ribbon piped with a fine edging wire.  No crush, no fuss.  I got the several rolls I have from my local sewing shop in their haberdashery section.  Isn't the word haberdashery so cool?   Haberdashery. Haberdashery. Haberdashery. Haberdashery.  Love it!

Silly aren't I?  But really, thanks so much for stopping by.  I do appreciate each and every one of your visits so.  Here's to an inspired day!

10 comments:

Kim O'Connell said...

Haberdashery. I'm diggin' it as much as I am diggin' that card of yours and that yummy ribbon! Not too shiny for me! Just divine!

Joyce said...

This is so beautiful. And, Haberdashery is a very good word--not used nearly enough in modern life! Your cards are always so soft and interesting. That's the best way I can describe your style.

Cathy Weber said...

Haberdashery! We all seem to love that term from you Jen. I also just adore that great big label from WM and your poofy, sparkly bow is gorgeous on this one.

Deb said...

Beautiful, beautiful card. I am in love with that bow of yours!

carol (krillsister) said...

Beautiful card. Love how you created the border with the images. That bow is gorgeous.

Denise said...

The word haberdashery makes me want to watch Harry Potter. ;) Your card is GORGEOUS!! I really need to take the dive and get lots of the WMS label sets and coordinating nesties... they always make such a lovely statement. Perhaps Santa will bring 'em? HUGS my friend - much love and crafty goodness to you!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Jen! Lovin' the WM label and shimmery bow! Very elegant looking!

Karin Åkesdotter said...

Absolutely Amazing - LOVE the colors you've used and that wm label is soo beautiful against that bg -wonderful!

Marybeth said...

This note card is way more than just a note. Gorgeous!

Unknown said...

wow, I am lovin' this one, the colors of blue green and that light antique brown with the light sheer ribbon. Gorgeous!