Saturday, July 7, 2012

Hogs & Kisses!



I know, I know!  Hogs & Kisses.  I just thought that sentiment from Papertrey Ink's reasonably new farm set was too adorable not to use.  Not sure that I will get much mileage out of it being that it really doesn't work without the hogs does it?  ...And I certainly don't get much call for hogs in my papercrafting, but hey.  I was just mucking around with this set and the fab Chicken Wire Impression Plate (also from Papertrey Ink) and jumped at the chance to throw this card together using these fun elements.  The chicken wire stamp is from Waltzingmouse Stamps however, and it's a good'un.  If your after a nifty, easy as pie, chicken wire stamp to line up then I can, wholeheartedly, recommend this one.  That smudgy bit of acrylic  paint behind the stamped ATC from Tim Holtz Alterations is lick of Old Paper Distress Crackle Paint.  I cannot say that I have absolutely gotten a  firm hold on how to best use this paint, but I don't half mind it as I have tried it here.  It adds the requisite "pig sty" feel to this puny card I think (well, that was the plan in any case).  I am looking forward to creating a bit more with this collection of farm inspired goodies soon, that's for sure.

Many thanks for stopping by for a wee look-see.  Your visits are appreciated so.  Here's to an inspired day for us all! Oink!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Such a cute card. I love the little hogs and I always love a good pun! You are so right, the chicken wire is perfect for this project.

Jani
paper compulsions

Marybeth said...

Love it Jen! Way too cute. Great idea to use both chicken wire stamp and IP together. I have them both and love them both ....the WMS is super easy to line up . You crack me up ...so you won't have much use for hogs on a card! Great card...hope you have a great week to .

Joyce said...

Really cute. I love the sweet little scene you have created.

Cassie_lu said...

oh my how cute is that card and the layout/colors work so well with it. I really like how you layered the embossed background with the stamp too.

Mayol said...

i love this! So cute!

Leigh Penner said...

Super adorable, Jen!

carol (krillsister) said...

cute card. Love the background.

Michelle said...

How punny! Hogs & kisses - snort! I love the chicken wire. This country farm animal thing is really growin' on me. Adorable!

cards by cara said...

This is too cute for words!! <3