Monday, April 2, 2012

A Cherubic Love Note.


(Click photo for more of an eyeful.)




The colors for this fortnight's CR84FN Color Challenge are Pink, Peach, and Light Blue and are so very ethereal and angelic and seemed the perfect driving force for this card.  Is that not the cutest post carrier you have ever seen, I mean really? I was instantly smitten with this darling cherub from the moment I laid eyes on it.  It comes from a small clear stamp set from Crafty Secrets called French Mail.  Adore.  This card was also made with my latest die crush from Spellbinders.  In order not to embarrass myself with how much I love the shape of this die, I will just leave you with the name and a warning that you can absolutely look forward to seeing Spellbinders Grand Labels 23 and all its permutations a heck of a lot more for the foreseeable future, that's for sure.  Bliss.  Seeing that there is so much love in the air with this card, I had to craft it into a love note.  Of course, of course.  The stamped chevrons are from a fun background building set from Waltzingmouse Stamps, called Offbeat Backgrounds.  The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink called Paper Trey.  This sentiment only set is so rarely seen across any of the crafty blogs I frequent, which makes me wonder if it looks a lot more garish to others than it does me?  I love this set for its quirky font size and nifty use of upper and lower case.  I do often wonder why its sightings are a bit like hen's teeth though?  And yes, that's my favorite of all time script text stamp from Hero Arts peeking out from behind the postage edged focal image. I've talked you ear off about that one before.  Yep, that's the one...again.  *wink*  

I am off to run a few errands now and hopefully be able to sneak in some crafty time today.  Wish me luck.  Our beloved craft is such a life force, isn't it?  Good stuff.  Thank you so much for stopping by.  Here's to an inspired day for us all!   

ETA:  I stumbled across Crafty Secrets 1st Linky Party on their blog and included my card.  Perhaps you might like to join in the fun too.   


27 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

I just love this!!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Awe, what a sweet card Jen! Love the muted colors and the layered postage stamp! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

Taheerah said...

Haha, love that cute little guy, he looks all pouty delivering his mail! Great card Jen, I love the subtle background from that WMS set - it was my first purchase from them and I don't use it anywhere near enough! As for the Paper Tray set, I guess people just use their newest toys instead. ;o)

Thanks for the love you left on my blog - totally made me smile!

Chloe said...

Wow Jen, loving this color combo. Would never have thought to put them together but your card is gorgeous... now wondering if it might make a nice Easter card.

Thanks so much for inspiring us!!

Chloe said...

Gorgeous

Sunny @ A Sunny Spot said...

OMG! I love it ! It is so cute.
100%

Pauline said...

Just beautiful Jen, love thos pastel chevron, and the cute image!
Thanks for joining us at CR84FN this week!

Cassi said...

adorable! love your combination of patterns and adore the sweet image!

Cassi said...

adorable! love your combination of patterns and adore the sweet image!

Agnes B said...

gosh...soooo cute image :) love it!!! :)

Cheryl said...

Adorable! I love the soft colors and the trendy chevron pattern

Denise said...

Gorgeous!! Ever element of this card is pure sweetness... beautiful work, friend! (the chevron in pastels has me swooning!!)

Shannon White said...

Oh this is just So Sweet! 8-) Love your soft and Pretty chevron BG and Darling image too! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CR84FN! 8-)

Marybeth said...

Yes ,yes! I love that little mailman,he is just too cute! Love the shape of this card and the light stamping behind the mailman. Have a great week!

Deb said...

This card is simply adorable. What a lovely little love note! Those chevrons are beautiful and your postman I could just squeeze! Thanks for sharing!

Luanne said...

I love that chevron background in pastels! Beautiful!

Anne B said...

Beautiful card, Jen. Love the image you chose and what a great shaped card you came up with. Please don't tempt me to buy any more spellbinders - trying very hard to resist!

Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage Co. said...

Hi Jen, Yippe - thanks for playing in our first monthly Linky Party and I really adore the wonderful card you posted with our little mail guy. Love your color combo used!
Best of luck in the random draw

Sandy

cards by cara said...

Love the chevrons peeking through!

carol (krillsister) said...

Stunning card. Love the shape. the chevron background is gorgeous with those colors. Love the twine treatment you did too!

busymartha said...

I love this guy, he is so cute!!!

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful, I love the shape of your card.

Michelle said...

Oh he's a cutie! - - love that postage stamp look he's on too. And the colored chevrons...oh my...

Sue Lelli said...

Jen, LOVE that SB die cut with that CUTE CUTE CUTE mailman! And I can't believe you stamped those chevron stripes! FAB card! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

Aleksandra said...

Lovely card and the mailman is so cute!

Blessings,
Aleksandra

Deb Hickman said...

Gorgeous card, love the sweet image.xxx

Kelly S. said...

Oh so SWEET! YES, my eye went right to the amazing shape! I don't have any Grand Nesties yet, but I am pretty sure now that I know which will be my first! I have been loving some of those Crafty Secret sets myself...that little coffee set with the smiling percolators :)!! You made the perfect love note with these colors! Nothing like an oldie but goodie sentiment set, Jen! Have you referenced magpies before? Loving everything new and sparkly that comes before our eyes? Well somebody did, and it made me laught...heeeee, the life of a stamper :)!!