Thursday, March 29, 2012

For My Teacher.



As you would imagine, with a brood my size, I have had to make a fair swag of teacher's Thank You cards for various teachers over the years.  This card is one of the more recent ones I made to go out in the last batch.  I have been meaning to post it on my blog for yonks, but, but, but.  You know how that goes:  Best laid plans of mice and men...

Nothing too flash about this card using all of the Vintage Picnic accouterments from Papertrey Ink, but it turned out rather homely which I quite liked.  I glossed up the apples for good measure, using Glossy Accents after crudely coloring them with Copics.  The die-cut picnic basket was then stamped and heat embossed with Zing! embossing powder in Gold.  The other bits and bobs were from Spellbinders. I used their Nestabilities dies from the Postage set, Classic Squares, and Doily Motifs.  I cannot recall which DP I used, but I am willing to take a punt and say that it was a page from Basic Grey's, um...er... Hello Luscious perhaps?  To be honest, I cannot even begin to recall what the other papers are.  I just used my scrap box (yep, the one that is bigger than all get out) as a bit of a Lucky Dip and away I went.  Nothing like a little "surprise chef" cardmaking to get you under way.  Not much more to add, save making a Note To Self to use the various Vintage Picnic odds and sods a bit more because I do find them rather sweet.

Thanks so very much for for stopping by.   It's a treat as always! 


17 comments:

Elena said...

it's gorgeous! love the gloss on them apples, and the embossing on the basket. The layered die-cuts in behind are fantastic too! lucky, lucky teacher :)

Michelle said...

I love all the fancy-schmancy things you do with the dies, Miss Jen. Another layer of interest, always so much pretty going on.
And your autumn card...it's autumn somewhere right now? Really? Fascinating. My favorite season. And those little diecut acorns and leaves sell me on it for sure!

carol (krillsister) said...

Gorgeous! You have such a knack for making cards that are totally awesome. Love the embossed picnic basket. Those apples are darling. Crudely colored?? Don't think so. Love the fancy eging on the card.

Mayol said...

Jen, the glossy apples are really tempting me to take away the whole basketful! And i love how you do your Lucky Dip with your scraps - nothing like a little mini-challenge while getting crafty :) i love reading your post!

Mariana said...

Gorgeous! Love how all the layers come together so beautifully, you make look like it is easy and it is not!

Anonymous said...

Ugh. gorgeous. Love it.. Nuff said

Cathy Weber said...

All the great layering on this card Jen, so smart! Love how you used the postage die behind the main image, which is colored perfectly, by the way! Glossy accents was just a beautiful extra because the color is perfect. Wish I had discovered cardmaking when my kids were young enough to get teacher cards and gifts, I would have had such fun coming up with them back then.

Deb said...

Love those glossy apples! And your layering is fabulous!

You made me chuckle at your last comment on my CAS-ual Fridays card. You are too funny!

Marybeth said...

Jen this is a great teacher card, I am amazed you have time to make them, but nice that you do. Love the embossed basket and the glossy apples. The teacher receiving this will be so amazed that it was hand made.
Keep up the good work …MOM...

Terri said...

Great card, Love your use of the picnic basket.

Karen C. said...

Oh Jen ... this was one of my first PTI stamps and still remains one of my favs. Love the layering of dies behind the main panel and the pattern paper is such a colourful accent too!!In my 'other' life I was a teacher ... but never got a card like this!! Lucky teacher!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a pretty card Jen! Those apples look delicious and love the beautiful lacy frame! Hope you have a great weekend!

Luanne said...

This is wonderful! Your coloring on the basket is superb and the basketfull of apples is perfect for a teacher. Love it!

Joy said...

Absolutely stunning Jen, stunning layout... thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog

jen said...

Wow! This has such vintage beauty! I love the muted charm of your combination- and the glossy apples are so fun!

Denise said...

The doily!! I die it is SO fabulous! It's like a vintage hanky for the picnic basket to rest on. I adore this card with my whole self. HUGS, friend!!

Luanne said...

Love the glossy accents on the apples! I need to pull that set out for some use...! Awesome card Jen!