Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Dog Lily's Patented Syrup Of Kindness...



I know, I know!  What a great name for a Cure All, hey?  I just love this collection of stamping goodness from Waltzingmouse Stamps.   This goodie comes from Waltzingmouse Stamps Rescue Remedies set.  In my opinion, this set is a real must have.   No more angsting over what sentiment to use, as they can, absolutely, stand alone with great effect.

I made this card for this fortnight's CR84FN Color Challenge showcasing the colors: Orange, Yellow, and Brown.   What an amazing autumnal array of color!   I was delighted to get into my corrugated cardboard groove once again.  I just love the stuff.   By finger, I titivated the Spellbinders Label 4 die cut cardboard with copper, gold and a small swipe of brown acrylic paint and away I went.   Heat embossing is always a bit of a hair-raiser for me, because even with my trusty Embossing Buddy in tow, I still manage to get the rogue bits of embossing powder sealed onto my project.  Drats!  Oh well.  I reckon it kind of adds to the label's vintage appeal.  *wink*  Well, that's my story and I am sticking to it.   This card was a relatively quick one to make and was certainly relaxing (outside of the heat embossing that is).  Ah, the joys.  


Thanks so much for stopping by.  Have an extraordinary day!  

16 comments:

Katrin said...

Очень красиво! Такая яркая и сочная!!!

Pauline said...

Absolutely gorgeous! This is one set I don't yet have, but really must get! I love that label in orange on the chocolate brown card, yum yum! Love the scrum my ribbon too!

FerrellGraph-x said...

Wow Jen! Your card is so Fabulous! I love the rich colors! Love it!!!
Kindest regards,
Jennifer

Anonymous said...

What a fab card Jen! I love the coorgated paper and the pretty fall paper :-)

Marie said...

Great fall card. The cardboard adds so much texture. Thanks for playing along at CR84FN.

Cathy Weber said...

I think that embossing looks just perfect and that corrugated cardboard texture, divine! I love that WM stamps stand alone, you are right that it takes away the question of what sentiment to use!

Jackie Rockwell said...

Wow! This card is awesome! It has such rich colors and texture.

Samantha said...

great card I love how it all goes together

MiamiKel said...

How stunning this is! Such a visual - the paper and the embossed sentiment are just dazzling. Wonderful, wonderful card!

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Jen! Love the yellow embossed WM image! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

Deborah Frings said...

Absolutely fabulous - love that stamp and the yellow embossing is gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

So pretty, life gets so busy so with some time I peeped about your other posts. You do such great work. Love the designs you create.
This color combo is terrific and the elements you added to this great patterned paper are perfect.

Karen C. said...

I love the yummy colours and design of your card, Jen. The patterned paper is perfect for this card and I really like the way you've tied your ribbon into a bow with the little flower.

Karin Åkesdotter said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!

Lisa Elton said...

This is marvelous Jen! Love all of your layers and textures. Great ribbon too!!!

Heather Rogers said...

I am playing catch up here! So very fall-ish...The WM label is perfect for the challenge. I am ready for cooler temps. For some reason I brought the heat up to IA with me. Not sure what happened. LOL :)

Thanks for joining us at CR84FN!
Hugs~