Monday, September 5, 2011

Three Precious Words.




This is my offering to this week's Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge.  Again, I have taken slight liberties with the sketch by turning it on it's side and utilizing the heart shape as the best kind of circle that I know of, but it felt right.

The card was initially going to be the first of my Christmas cards, but I ended up reworking the holiday sentiment I first stamped, by restamping and hiding it under those three precious words, "I Love You".  So I guess this card is actually an incognito Christmas card, if I were to get down to brass tacks.   I know I should really get a wriggle on and start making my holiday cards in earnest, but my days seem to be just zooming by and I just want to relish in the Now a wee bit longer.  Silly perhaps. Although, I am not as devil may care as I'd like to make out on this forthcoming holiday crafting bee, which I know I will enjoy once I get into the swing of things, because I have recently received an order of some new holiday themed stamps and designer paper. Plus, I am sure to order a few more festive bits and bobs in any case within the next little while.  Tragic I know. But for the moment, I am just going to enjoy things as they are and work on not pressurizing myself too much, just yet

I really enjoyed using my beloved Waltzingmouse stamps on this card.  I utilized stamps across the Cameo To Go, Oval Classic Frames, and Seasons Of Love Tags.  It's amazing how well Waltzingmouse Stamps play with one another. Lucky for me too, Waltzingmouse Stamps also play equally as well with other quality stamps, because I used Hero Arts Designer Woodblock stamp in Envelope Pattern on the Papertrey Ink Aqua Mist cardstock base.  Kinda cool effect, eh?

Well, I better limit my ramblings for now as I have a small open window for crafting as all the little kids are out of the house at the moment and I am happy to ignore all the other chores mounting up before my very eyes for a bit of nourishing time feeding my spirit.  Here's hoping you get some crafty time in too!

Catch ya soon! xo

    

   






16 comments:

Cathy Weber said...

This is so beautiful Jen. When I see you have a new card up, I just know I am going to have such a wonderful story in store for me. I love hearing how much you agonize about the perfect shape or perfect sentiment for your cards, they always look so effortless. Nice to know you work at your cards too! You are so right about Waltzingmouse stamps being wonderful and "playing nice" with all your other stamps. They really do!

Joyce said...

Oh so beautiful.

Karin Åkesdotter said...

WOW Jen, this is sooo BEAUTIFUL! Love the white on the kraft and the matching sentiment center. Lovely soft colors - perfect take on Anya's great sketch!

Kelly S. said...

Oooo this is beee-autiful, Jen! What a great way to use the sketch. I just love your makeover of the Seasons of Love heart, that sentiment and oval just fit it perfectly! So melty for that envelope background, have been eyeing that up for quite awhile, it looks wonderful paired with the gorgeous center panel. So glad you took a break today to play along ;)!

Mad for Paper said...

this is just gorgeous. I love all the texture and that heart stamp is a beauty.
TFS
Ang

Trees said...

Gorgeous card friend! I love the sweet pompom trim. I like your take on the sketch too. P.S. I haven't made ANY Christmas cards since last season, even though I SWORE I would have a head start this year...lol my fickle heart.

Artes de Nágela said...

Very beautiful!
I loved it!

Karen C. said...

The heart tag and seam binding ribbon create such a soft and romantic look ... and the sentiment says it all!! Beautiful.

Lorraine said...

Very pretty, Jen! I love the heart stamp and the envelope pattern! And um, Christmas...what is that? lol. not one card to my name yet.

carol (krillsister) said...

Pretty card. The background stamp is soooo lovely! I like how all the elements fit together perfectly.

Lynn Mercurio said...

Beautiful and so very romantic. Love your distressing and how that adds to your vintage look. Awesome job and thanks for playing along with the Waltzingmouse Stamps Sketch Challenge.

Rose A said...

LOL hearts are my new favourite circles now !
Love your fabby shabby look...and the sentiment is perfect for in your heart.

Deborah Frings said...

Such a lovely card - the colours are soft and subtle - it's a romantic card! Love it!

anya said...

Beautiful, Jen! That oval fits so perfectly within the heart - I had no idea! ;) Great colors, too - thanks for playing along with the WMSC for this week!

Inkyfingers said...

This is so pretty Jen and I love all the little details like the pretty corners. I too have tried to resist making Christmas cards but I gave in yesterday and made a start.
Hugs
Carol x

Lenet said...

Such a gorgeous card, I love that heart stamp. Thank you for joining us at WMSC