Friday, September 30, 2011

A Pearl Centered Rose With Love.





Until now, I hadn't been game enough to attempt a rose with Spellbinders Rose Creations Die.  I purchased it purely on a whim that maybe, one day, I could make something half as fabulous as Madame Donna Salazar purports that one can with her die.  Yes,  I bought into the dream.  Needless to say... there it sat.  Yesterday, I guess, I found my nerve.  Embarrassingly enough, it wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be, even though I doubt I would win a handmade paper rose beauty pagent, but I'd reckon it could possibly snaffle twentieth runner up on a good day.  I am pretty chuffed with it actually and most importantly had a hoot of a time making it.

The overall card was born from the inspiration stimuli of both The Shabby Tea Room and Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge.  Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge sketch called a circlular shaped card to duty with the additional elements as drawn and The Shabby Tea Room asked kindly for the inclusion of chevrons and the colors: Blue, Brown, Cream, Green, and Orange (that's a fair swag of colors, hey?).  I thought, why not just create a fun and crafty card salad as my offering into the mix?  Not sure what actually prompted me to add all these fantastic bits and bobs in the one card, but I don't half mind the results.  And yes, that is an invisible button I used on the card, in case you were wondering.  *wink* Oopsy!  

Thanks for stopping by for a gander.  I do appreciate your visits so.  Have a brilliant and inspired day!

Supplies:



  • Stamps:  Waltzingmouse Stamps Off Beat Backgrounds and Fancy Phrases.
  • Paper:  Papertrey Ink Fine Linen, Blueberry Skies, and Rustic Cream.  7 Gypsies Conservatory and Lille, and Basic Grey. 
  • Accessories:  Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist, Zing! Embossing Powder in Burnt Butter, Spellbinders Rose Creations, Folliage dies, Grand Calibre Circles, and Fancy Labels, Pearl Brad (from stash), and wee pom pom trim (also from stash).   Ooh, I almost forgot, the invisible button is also from my stash's imaginary section.  

30 comments:

Kelly S. said...

Okay I just typed a comment and poof there is went! I just LOVE this card, it is in my Jen Adcock Hall of Inspiration Fame! I just love the shade of blue you chose with the gorgeous embossed chevrons. Oh and the ROSE! How did you do that on your first attempt. It's so real-looking. I might have mouthed "WOW" to my computer, because saying it out loud might have made me look crazy. Oh and the label! So intricate and perfect with your added sponging. So amazing, Jen!

Cindy said...

So fun to see you here Jen! I just love your card. The rose is gorgeous and I really like the little pom pom trim underneath. The way you shaded the sentiment tag is so pretty. Thanks for sharing this little beauty with us in the Tea Room this week.

carol (krillsister) said...

Gorgeous card.You did a fantatic job with that rose; not only by creating it, but by your choice of paper & color. The enclosed pearl reminds me of how the oyster holds its beauty. I also love the texture those leaves.

Joyce said...

Absolutely beautiful. So much detail and thought in the card.

Cathy Weber said...

This is spectacular and if you don't win Top Mouse I will be shocked. I love those Chevron strips on this card and your rose is so pretty, you did a great job on it. Love the shading on the tag too.

Pauline said...

This is stunning! Love the colours, and the spaced chevrons, so pleasing on the eye! The Rose is beautiful, and the wonderful sponged tag is perfect! A real beauty!

Karin Åkesdotter said...

This is absolutely amazing Jen! LOVE how you combined the two challenges and created this beauty - very impressing!

Kristin said...

That is seriously beautiful! I have missed seeing your lovely creations... I need to visit more often!

Deb said...

Your card is beautiful and the rose is just fabulous! So pretty!

Deb said...

Your card is beautiful and the rose is fabulous! So pretty!

Debbie said...

Just beautiful .. the rose and the card with chevrons! So happy you joined us this week for the Tea Room challenge, Jen :)

Michelle said...

Chuffed! - I love the way you speak/write, Miss Jen!! - it always gives me a smile. This card is really really pretty. Love that flower. And love the scrolly die that you have your sentiment on; just gorgeous!

Lorraine said...

Ooh so pretty, Jen! Love the colors, inking of the die cuts and that beautiful flower! Stunning!

Lorraine said...

What happened to my post?
I love your pretty card, Jen! The colors, the inking of die cuts and that gorgeous flower! Stunning!

Geri said...

Nothin' like a pretty pearl snuggled down in the center of a pretty blossom!! Love your colors and trim, too!

Hope G. said...

That is sooooo pretty! great work on first try! I will have to look into that die!

Deborah Frings said...

STUNNING!!! Love the chevrons and the bright blue background. And your rose is just fabulous (must get that die) - a super way to include all the other colours. It's fabulous. And congratulations on being a Top Mouse for this one - well deserved!! x

Lana said...

This is gorgeous Jen! The colors you chose look great! And I love your rose - just beautiful!
And Congrats! Top 3! :)

Sheri said...

Great card and flower! That paper is perfect for our challenge this week! Thanks for sharing with us at THE SHABBY TEA ROOM ;-)

Terri said...

Beautiful! Love all the different elements especially the rose.

Karen C. said...

Gorgeous flower, Jen. It's just stunning. Love the way you've layered all the elements on your card, too!

Mona Pendleton said...

Gorgeous card Jen! That blossom is beautiful and love the pretty label! Thanks for joining along with the WMSC :)

Maria said...

Absolute stunning card!!! Love every inch of it!!!

purple_pea_fran said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Adore your flower - a real beauty!
Thanks for sharing with us at The Shabby Tearoom

Tigriswillreign said...

Fabulous colors!!

Luana said...

Adorable...I love those colors together.

Samantha said...

This is really beautiful. I love the chevron strips and the rose they really make the card

Marcea said...

Thankyou so much for your gorgeous entry for this weeks Simon Says Stamp Challenge and for helping us get over 1000 entires ......good luck!!!!
xxx

Robyn Oliver said...

Well done Jen and congrats...love your card and the rose is gorgeous. Also welcome to Australia

Jen Carter said...

So pretty!! I love that chevron stripe!!