Friday, September 23, 2011

Your Thoughtfulness Is Much Appreciated.




I'm not 100% certain why, but I still get reasonably stressed about entering challenges.  I much prefer to enter them gleefully, but if I am to honest, they still come with a small degree of angst when it comes to posting an entry.  I know, I know...they are meant to inspire and spur on creativity but I can manage to always see it that way to a point, but it's the waiting and the announced results that always get me in the end. A bit tragic, hey? For the most part, it's always close (because I actually managed to meet the deadline..YAY!) but no cigar (because I didn't cut the mustard...once again). Sigh.  

Yes, challenges definitely seem to whet my creative apetite, absolutely, but I am starting to think that I should just be inspired by the sketch, color grouping, or theme and not submit the card inspired by the challenge for the challenge.  Now there's an idea.  What do you think? I know that these feelings have bubbled to the surface before, but I am starting to worry why they keep bubbling back.  I certainly think it a lot more than I post it (Thank Heavens you must say).  I definitely have learned to never post an entry when I am premenstral as that always ends badly that is for sure, but I have noticed that there is still the allure of possibly winning a randomly given away stamp set or much coveted blog badge that still pulls me in.  I am starting to wonder if there is a 12 step program for this challenge entrant?  Now there's a thought.

So, until my addiction is cured, I may as well pull that slot machine lever once again, and list this card into Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge.  Incorrigable I know.   


Oh well, enough of this pity party, eh?  Because really, I just wanted you to know that your thoughtfulness is much appreciated as your comments mean so much.  This card's for you, Lovely Ones.  Here's hoping you have a day as wonderful as you are!  

Supplies:  

  • Stamps:  Waltzingmouse Rescue Remedies Additions, Vintage Circles Small, and Vintage Labels 18.  Hero Arts Distressed Canvas Stripe Designer Woodblock
  • Paper:  Papertrey Ink Kraft and Rustic Cream, & Gypsies Lille DP
  • Ink:  Adirondack Sailboat Blue, Memento Lady Bug, VersaMagic Midnight Black and Night Sky, Disress Ink in Old Paper, Barn Door, and Walnut Stain.
  • Accessories:  Pinking Shears, Spellbinders Labels 18, Small Circles Nestabilities, Papertrey Ink Large Scallops, Black & White Plaid Satin Ribbon (from stash), Red Waxed String (also from stash), and Keisercraft Pearls in Cream.      

12 comments:

Cathy Weber said...

As soon as I saw your title, I knew exactly what stamp you had used! I love this sentiment, have used it myself. It looks so nice in the Labels 18 frame and that ruffled ribbon is so striking on this card. Beautiful card today Jen, I loved it.

Denise said...

Jen, your work is beautiful. I ALWAYS love it and think you have heaps of talent. It makes me sad that challenges cause you stress and angst... it can be hard to be recognized in this crafty "nook" of ours. Sometimes I need a break and can come back refreshed... and sometimes I need to take all the confines and throw them out. I pick something I {love} from the stash and go to town for ME - create for YOU, Jen. I wish there wasn't an ocean between us. I think we would have a fab time crafting together... HUGS.

Anne B said...

I know exactly what you mean about challenges - and there are definitely times I can't bear to enter any. Enough said. Focus on the fact that this is a gorgeous card - fab colours, love the ruffled ribbon and scallop layers. But please don't tempt me with that stamp - I've been resisting several WMS sets for a while now. Probably futile in the end :)

Clare said...

Fab card, love the texture and scallops! thanks for joining us at the WMSC this week!

Pauline said...

This is a real beautynJen, love the ruffled ribbon and contrasting orange twine, the scalops are a beautiful texture too, love it.

Deborah Frings said...

Jen - this is wonderful!! Love the big, bold sentiment at the top and the ruffle gingham ribbon looks super. Love it!

Anonymous said...

This is such a beautifully card that has been executed to perfection.
Wishes
Lynne

Rhonda said...

Cute Jen!! Love all the layers and scallops.

Savitri said...

This is super adorable!! Gorgeous work! I love all the scalloped layers!

Jen Cuthbertson said...

This is so pretty, Jen! I love the scallops at the bottom and the layer of your label and the sentiment are gorgeous!! Well done!!

Kelly S. said...

Oh stop that crazy talk? The WMSC blog would sooo miss your creations full of pizazz and flair! I gulped when I started reading your post because I thought you weren't going to stamp or post anymore, eeeek! Do it! Just do it, Jen! Now on to the card...LOVE the ruffles all tucked under that fantabulous gingham ribbon! And that label is always a showstopper, and I love the colors and sentiment you chose for it! THANK YOU for entering the sketch challenge, hugs!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that card, its fabulous.....

I totally know what you mean though- sometimes I'm really inspired by a challenge, but then also I do feel weird waiting to see if I win a contest or something, cause I've never! I never win things *laughs* Nowadays I only do a challenge if it's up my alley.

I hope you keep creating, Jen, because you make some lovely, lovely stuff :)