Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Comfort Crafting.



Not too much going on in my neck of the woods.  Just lots of rain, humidity and annoying mosquitoes here.  Par for the course, I suppose, for mid summer in Sydney Australia.  Well, I guess the upside to all this wet is that I have been given plenty of opportunity to try things with my light box or light tent as some say, in attempts to get this whateveryoucallit to work for me.  Nowhere near mastery, but I am noticing the differences a bit of tweaking makes.  I still have much further East to fly towards total enlightenment, but I'm giving it a whirl.  Bit Zen, hey?

This card is made entirely from Spellbinders Labels 4 dies (The Grand Labels 4, Labels 4 and Labels 4 Small).  Such a cool shape.  I love it's vintage look.  This shape of Nestabilities die paired with one of my favorite Waltzingmouse stamp sets called Rescue Remedies does a happy crafter make.  I know, I know.  I do blab on about this stamp set, but it is just that good.  It doesn't need much beyond stamping to make it look pretty sweet, I reckon.  Or should I say, it is a set that takes a fair bit for me to make look bad...more to the point.  *wink*

Thanks for swinging by.   Here's to an inspired day for us all! 

18 comments:

Kara said...

What a beautiful shape!! love all of the layers and pretty colors!!

Mayol said...

Such a sweet card with yummy layers! Love the pop of pink & yellow against the subtle-colored layers. And i love the big ribbon and the pearl in the middle.

Joyce said...

The card is as sweet as the label. I love a shaped card, and yours is perfect. The bow and flowers are fantastic. You are making me think that I need that stamp set....I fear my WM list may get as long as my PTI list.

carol (krillsister) said...

Wow ! This is stunning. The colors are awesome. Love the shape of the Labels. The ribbon with the wee flowers are perfect.

Emilia said...

This is very beautiful and elegant.

Pauline said...

This is just beautiful Jen, I love this stamp in these colours! Love the ribbon and the sweet flowers too, a real sweet confection!

Jacquel said...

This is just sweet! I love the shape of your creation & the colors you used are very pretty together....reminds me of spring! Very nice work as always Hun & TFS!!!

Sara Mac said...

Gorgeous card Jen! The colors you chose are great together. I love the sheer ribbon and sweet little roses.

Amber said...

Ooooh La La! I love this! Those layers, the bow, the flowers, that plaid! You did a great job combining these into a perfect masterpiece!

Marybeth said...

Beautiful card made out of the spellbinders dies, Love all the soft colors, just gorgeous. I have to say we are going to have a great day here in Ca, warm and sunny, no rain.

Mona Pendleton said...

Simply beautiful Jen! Love the WM label and all the layers!

Michelle said...

I love shaped cards....and the pretty pinks you used...and the gorgeous ribbon...and and and...the wooshing of paint....and and and...I love all things Waltzingmouse; although I find their rates and their shipping charges a tad on the high side for a non-stampy girl like myself - ha.

Cammie said...

This is beautiful, Jen! I love the layers, the colors, the ribbon, and the flowers mirroring the colors in the layers.

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful shaped card - love all the layers and the pretty bow and lovely flowers!

Christine said...

Gorgeous card!! I love how you used the layers on the Spellbinder dies. I've never thought to use it that way. The stamp image is so pretty too!! Perfect for those layers!
Thank you for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog.
xoxo, Christine

Kerry said...

Wow...this is gorgeous! I love the layered labels and sweet touch of pink!

JJ Bolton said...

Just wow! I love the color combo you used with the hot and the cool. That is the sweetest flowered bow, ever. Fantastic!!!

Danielle said...

What a beautiful card! I absolutely love the colors you've chosen.