Monday, January 9, 2012

When In Doubt...Go With The Stickles-y Bustier.





I have had this fun dressform and sentiment set called You're Lovely from Waltzingmouse Stamps from shortly after it was released last year.  But oddly enough, I hadn't gotten around to getting inky with it as of yet.  Seeing I have been so inspired by the latest fashion inspired crafting challenges of late (although I haven't posted in any), I thought I'd do my own thing with a stamp set I have been presumably keeping just for occasions like this.  Plus, I love a bit of houndstooth don't you?  The houndstooth stamp used here is a beauty from Papertrey Ink.  It is a strip stamp designed for background building.  I am not a fan of it for background building though (too much work), but I do love it for adding a swatch of houndstooth just when I need it.  

It has also been since forever that I entered a WMS Sketch Challenge and I thought it was high time that I got my scissors into action.  I must say though that the stamping bar at Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge has been raised so exceedingly high that I have felt rather intimidated to participate there over the last little while, hence my absence.  Where do you crafters come from?  Seriously. Some place where the water is richly infused with the stuff only my crafting dreams are made of?  I think so.  Where else have you ever seen such sublime talent all in the one place?  I am participating not because I think I have found the hidden wellspring, but because I was getting a tad neurotic about participating simply because everyone surrounding this premier challenge group is just that good.  Therefore, instead of heading for the hills and only peering from afar at a challenge group that I have so admired, I have (perhaps delusionally so) plucked up some courage, whipped up this card, typed this, and rapidly pressed the Publish Post button and now there is no turning back. <cue freaky music>

Must dash.  Thanks so very much for for stopping byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! 

15 comments:

Deb said...

Love this card Jen! The pink lace ribbon with the dressform...fabulous! Love the stickles! Perfect! You are a fabulous crafter and blogger. I love to visit and "hear" from you as much as to drool over your creations.

Joyce said...

This is a wonderful card, and you are seriously up for the challenge. I consider your talent right up there with the best. How brilliant to combine houndstooth and all that stickly bling! And, your ribbon is gorgeous. This is a winner for sure.

Marybeth said...

It's gorgeous! Love the way you made this pretty pink card, love it !!!!

carol (krillsister) said...

Stunning card. Love the stickels on the bustieere. That ribbon is so gorgeous.
Your work is awesome & inspiring. Can't understand why you are intimidated.

Anonymous said...

Aw Jen, you did wonderful for the sketch! I love the houndstooth you have added here, it really gives it a lovely pop, but still muted enough so as not to overwhelm the rest of the card. Don't be intimidated- your work is fab!!!

Renee said...

So glad to see you back with WMSC...
especially when you create a stunner like this!! :)
This is just gorgeous...
love that bustier decked out in glitter...
and on the houndstooth...
just wow!! :)

Kelly S. said...

Hmmm being a Top Mouse yourself, I would say that YOU are one of those crafters that have taken a drink from that spring! You must keep drinking *hee* and PLAYING! That sparkly bustier is fabulous! It's perfect with the lovely chartreuse tulle flower and that lace ribbon is just WOW! But yes, it's the houndstooth. The houndstooth rocketed this card into the Haute Couture stratosphere. Awesome creation, Jen!!

Pauline said...

Just gorgeous Jen! I love the sparkly corset, and the houndstooth is the perfect backdrop! Love the lacy ribbon too, a very pretty feminine creation!

KRISTINA said...

Very nice card!

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous card! The stickles are perfect. I love the vintage feel of your card. (Great post title too)

Jen Cuthbertson said...

Jen, where have you been?! So happy to see you back here and this is a beaut! I love (!!) that glittery bustier and that purple houndstooth at the bottom...to die for! Super splash back in that spring my dear! :)

Deborah Frings said...

Oh my!!! This is just so pretty. I love the mixture of paper, the fabulous bow and the very pretty bodice on the bodyform. Fab!

Lenet said...

Beautiful card. Love your lace bow!
Thanks for joining us at WMSC

Mona Pendleton said...

Gorgeous card Jen! So feminine! Love the shimmery goodness! thanks for joining along with the WMSC :)

Kim O'Connell said...

I LOVE the sparkly bodice!